This page is part of our information section on understanding your criminal record, and contains details of various sentences/disposals, with links to more information about the implications for each.
Police disposals not involving an admission of guilt
This is for information only. We are unable to provide advice on this. For reasons why, click here.
- Community Resolution Order
- Cannabis Warning
- Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) / Penalty Notice for Disorder (PND)
- Harassment Warning
- Single Justice Procedure Notice
Police disposals involving an admission of guilt
There’s also some general information about out-of-court disposals.
Court-issued community sentences
- Absolute discharge
- Conditional discharge
- Court fine
- Community order
- Criminal behaviour order
- Referral order (under 18)
- Restraining order
- Serious crime prevention order
- Sexual harm prevention order
- Sexual offences prevention order
- Suspended prison sentence