Subject access requests (SAR) – General information

Everybody has the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to make a request to any organisation, for a copy of the information that organisation holds about them. This is called a subject access request (SAR).

There are many reasons why you may want to apply for a SAR, and we’ve produced some new information on how to apply for a SAR and, what you can do if an organisation refuses to provide you with one.

We have some specific information on applying for a subject access request if you would like to get copies of your police records.

For more information

  1. For practical self-help information – More information is available on subject access requests (SAR) – general information and police records – subject access requests
  2. Questions – If you have any questions you can contact our helpline


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Doug Yarnton