Key questions that we know a lot of people visit this site to find an answer to are:
What do I need to know about my criminal record?
Is my conviction/caution spent?
- Use our disclosure calculator
- Read our guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offendfind out the detailsers Act 1974 including our ‘is it spent’ poster.
Will my conviction/caution be disclosed on a basic disclosure?
- Work out if it’s spent by using the links above
What types of jobs involve criminal record checks?
- Read our information on the types of criminal record checks
- Read our information on eligibility for standard and enhanced checks.
Will my caution/conviction be disclosed on a standard/enhanced DBS check? Or will it be filtered?
- Read our simple guide on the DBS filtering process, using our flow-chart to help you to work this out.
How can I find out the details of my criminal record?
- Get a subject access request from the police
I need to get insurance – where can I go?
- Read our simple guide on insurance and convictions
- Download our list of insurance brokers for home insurance
- Download our list of motor insurers if you’ve got non-motoring convictions only
Does my record stop me from going to the United States?