If you are visiting South Africa for up to 90 days on holiday, you do not require a visa. The basic requirements for entry that may be requested by an Immigration Officer are:
- Your passport must be valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of an intended visit.
- Your passport must have a blank Visa page.
- A vaccination certificate (if required)
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses whilst in South Africa
- Applicants travelling by air must be in possession of a return or onward ticket
- Statement and/or documentation confirming purpose and duration of visit
- Proof of fixed employment or other commitments
The three month period may be extended by a District or Regional Office of the Department of Home Affairs for an additional three months providing an application for an extension is made 30 days prior to expiry of the original permit. The approval of such an application is at the discretion of the Regional/District Representative.