• A Sutherland

    I have a criminal conviction which was for assault to injury. I was given a £200 fine in October 2007 (date of conviction)
    Since over 8 years have passed would I be deemed rehabilitated by Canada?

  • An Answer

    Probably not, as it could be a hybrid offence, meaning the maximum sentence is 10 years. This falls outside the scope of deemed rehabilitated.

    267. Every one who, in committing an assault,

    (a) carries, uses or threatens to use a weapon or an imitation thereof, or (b) causes bodily harm to the complainant,

    is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

  • asim khan

    i have committed a traffic offence of driving car without insurance actually i do have the insurance but with wrong detail so i have been fined 240 pounds i don’t remember exactly between 200 to 250 and 6 points on my licence i have paid the fine and now its been two years so my question is how long its gonna take to become spent thanks