Changing probation officer

There is no standard policy or protocol governing transfers within a Probation area. However, as detailed in Probation Instruction 17/2010 – Case Transfers, which covers transfers between Probation Areas, it is expected that there should be clarity of responsibility for supervision, and the National Probation Service recommends that Areas develop their own local policies and protocols governing transfers based on the Circular.

As a result, if you wish to change your Probation Officer, you should ask to see a copy of your Areas local policy, and then put a request in writing to your Probation Officer.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
  • Craig Adams

    My probation officer is biased against me because of my extremely large record. How do I apply for a different officer? Anybody got any reasonable advice please?
    Thanks, C.J.