The Calculator operates using the rehabilitation periods as they apply in England & Wales. Contacts for the law in other countries can be found here.
The Calculator operates in line with our data protection policy. This sets out how we handle the data that we collect.
Any information you provide when using the Calculator will not be shared with a third-party or used by us for marketing purposes.
Monitoring of accounts
We have a range of methods that we use to monitor the use of the calculator. Abuses will be identified and action will be taken. Abuses include:
- Setting up multiple personal accounts
- Using the personal account structure for organisational or any other non-personal use.
- Organisations that are contracted or funded in some way to provide disclosure support to individuals who advise, encourage or assist individuals to set up personal accounts with the organisation then claiming that this fulfills their obligations to support individuals with disclosure
Action in response to abuses includes:
- Contacting organisations who are using the personal account structure
- Contacting the funders of services who are using the personal account structure
- Suspension/cancellation of corporate accounts
- Blacklisting of individuals and organisations
This tool is reliant on the information inputted. Whilst every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure that this tool functions in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness, and any liability is expressly excluded and disclaimed by Unlock. If you propose taking further action based on the results of this tool, you are strongly advised to consider obtaining specific professional or legal advice before doing so.
A personal account is for any individual with a criminal record who is enquiring about their own criminal record, or a for a friend/family member who is enquiring on their behalf. It should not be used by organisations, professionals or others (e.g. mentors, support workers) who are providing support or services to people with a criminal record.
Multiple-use account users
These allow for multiple uses, depending on the account level selected, and are designed for organisations and practitioners that provide support to people with convictions.
Accounts are specific to an organisation. They cannot be shared with other organisations.
If you wish to share your account with other partners of a joint project, please provide us with details of this when submitting your details and we will discuss this with you on an individual basis. Sharing of account details with other organisations without prior authorisation may result in your account being suspended or cancelled.