- How do the police deal with offences relating to youth produced sexual imagery (‘sexting’)
- Monthly summary – November 2017
- Problems with manual DBS certificates and the DBS update service – has this happened to you?
- Are cautions just a ‘slap on the wrist’ or are there further implications in accepting one?
- Moving on: Applying to university
- Monthly summary – October 2017
- Have you applied to be a trustee of a charity with a criminal record? If so, we’d like to hear from you
- Monthly summary – September 2017
- Thinking of becoming a taxi driver? Will your criminal record stop you?
- What’s new from ACRO Criminal Records Office?
- Monthly summary – August 2017
Latest – Basic DBS checks information
Frequently asked questions
1. What do I need to know about my criminal record?
2. Is my conviction/caution spent?
3. Will my conviction/caution be disclosed on a basic check?
4. What types of jobs involve criminal record checks?
5. Will my caution/conviction be disclosed on a standard/enhanced DBS check? Or will it be filtered?
6. How can I find out the details of my criminal record?
7. I need to get insurance – where can I go?
8. Does my record stop me from going to the United States?
Information sections (1)
- Our standards
- Top 10 things to know about criminal records
- Understanding your criminal record
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Criminal record checks for employment (including DBS)
- Basic criminal record checks by the DBS / Basic DBS checks / Basic disclosures
- Disclosing criminal records to employers
- Looking for (and keeping) employment and volunteering
- Working and volunteering for charities
- Travelling abroad
- Travelling to the US
- Coming to (and staying in) the UK
- Universities, colleges and education
- Sexual offences
Information sections (2)
- Our standards
- Self-employment / Running your own business
- Financial issues
- Leaving prison
- Sharing of criminal records
- Other areas of life
- Information on the internet, online and through search engines like Google
- Motoring offences
- Specific types of offences
- For families of people with convictions