- Do you know which organisations have access to the Police National Computer (PNC)?
- Has an employer wrongly checked your official criminal record? – Get in touch
- Have you ever tried claiming compensation as a victim of crime?
- Landmark Court of Appeal ruling – Government loses appeal against DBS filtering regime – Judgement will help thousands of people put their past behind them
- Do you live in Scotland? Do you have a criminal record? Can you help?
- Moving on: Opening a bank account whilst your’re in prison
- Monthly summary – April 2017
- An overview of the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Are you a delivery driver? Has your employer asked you to do an enhanced DBS check?
- Monthly summary – March 2017
- Latest news about the Disclosure and Barring Service
Frequently asked questions:
1. What do I need to know about my criminal record?
Read our Top 10 things to know about your criminal record.
2. Is my conviction/caution spent?
Use our disclosure calculator or read our guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act including our ‘is it spent’ poster.
3. Will my conviction/caution be disclosed on a basic check?
Read our simple guide on what is disclosed on a basic check.
4. What types of jobs involve criminal record checks?
Read our information on the types of criminal record checks and the eligibility for standard and enhanced checks.
5. Will my caution/conviction be disclosed on a standard/enhanced DBS check? Or will it be filtered?
Read our simple guide on the DBS filtering process, using our flow-chart to help you to work this out.
6. How can I find out the details of my criminal record?
Get a subject access request from the police.
Information sections (1)
- Top 10 things to know about criminal records
- Understanding your criminal record
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Criminal record checks for employment (including DBS)
- Disclosing criminal records to employers
- Looking for (and keeping) employment and volunteering
- Travelling abroad
- Coming to (and staying in) the UK
- Universities, colleges and education
- Sexual offences
- Motoring offences